To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I transfer my old vault to new 1Password account after a failed first attempt?

cbales
cbales
Community Member

Hi.

I'm trying to switch to a 1Password account after using 1Password Mac/ Win/ iOS synching with Dropbox for many years.

about 3/4 of the way through importing my old vault it failed - 1password mini stopped responding so I force quit - stopped responding for about 5 minutes - maybe I should have been more patient.

426 items in vault on computer/dropbox
362 items in my 1Password account.

1Password
Version 6.8.1 (681005)
Mac App Store

I thought maybe the difference was that the trash wasn't imported, but no the number of files in the trash was different.

Same question a few month ago resulted in a support person asking for some sort of log files.

thanks in advance - Cameron

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.6.8 safari
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cbales
    cbales
    Community Member

I sent in a diagnostic report to support+forum@agilebits.com support ID is [#PFP-84641-771]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cbales: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: PFP-84641-771

• Starflyer
    Starflyer
    Community Member

Don't know if this will help you, but I had a working 1Passwood account working on my MBA, iPad and 2 Windows computer, all syncing fine. A few days ago I booted up an old iPhone, also with a 1Password app, but only about half of the passwords on my other devices. I tried several times to sync without success. So today I just deleted the 1PW app from the old iPhone, then downloaded the current 1PW app.

After booting up the app on the old phone, it askes me if it was a new account or something to that effect. I said no, and chose to access my current 1PW account. After entering my 1PW account, ALL my PWs appeared on the old phone.

I should note I'm using the single subscriber paid 1Password account 6.8.1 and syncing with DropBox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! It really depends on the setup in these cases unfortunately, and I'm always hesitant to recommend deleting things unless I'm sure there's a backup. Honestly, that's a big part of why we built and recommend 1Password.com, since there's always a backup, and there's no sync configuration that can vary between devices. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.