Deleting / Empty not all trash items

ronen
ronen
Community Member

Let say that I have 4 items in Trash .
How can I delete one / not all of them ?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ronen: This isn't possible. It's something we may change in the future, but generally we don't hear from a lot of people who are going through their Trash and wanting to remove only specific items. What you could do instead is restore the other items, empty the Trash, and then delete the others again...and keep them in the Trash I guess. Maybe that's the question: why do you want to keep some items in the Trash but not others? Would it help to create an "Archive" vault?

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I'd like to think again permanently delete some trashed items.
    I consider the trash to be a place between restoring or permanently delete.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ronen,

Thanks for the feedback! We can certainly look into adding this feature in a future release of 1Password. I had to check (because I never use it) but this is something you can do with the macOS trash, so hey maybe we can do it too.

Have a great week!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

ref: OPM-5233

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Thank you.

• ChrisHerd
    ChrisHerd
    Community Member

I would like to add to this request. Here's the scenario. I've closed some bank accounts and want to be sure that their old information is not pasted when trying to pay or log in. So, deleting them (i.e. moving them to trash) takes them out of the Credit Cards category. I now have about 50 items in trash and would like to skinny that down a bit, but NOT delete the old accounts information just yet. Hence the need (OK, want) to delete some (most) but not all trash items. If I create an Archive folder and move those accounts into it, they keep showing up in the Credit Cards category, so that's not a good solution. If I could select an item in Trash and make a note out of it (to preserve the information), that would work, but that's not possible either. Does that example help?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ChrisHerd,

Thanks for providing a specific example of how this feature would be useful for you.

If I create an Archive folder and move those accounts into it, they keep showing up in the Credit Cards category, so that's not a good solution.

Instead of using a folder, you could create a new Archive vault (like brenty mentioned above) to store items you'd like to keep without having them in Trash. Then in All Vaults Preferences, you might deselect that Archive vault in the Vaults Included list so it won't show up when you're viewing All Vaults.

I hope that suggestion is helpful.

PS: You're welcome, ronen. :)

This discussion has been closed.