website issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Release Notes.

Comments

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hi,

I hope I post in the right topic since I don't want to burden your database with a topic for every little thing that doesn't require a lot of attention.

It seems like the Agilebits Update Server (https://app-updates.agilebits.com) page has a little bug. The logo for the 1Password CLI is not properly aligned when you view the page from a smartphone. In my case I accessed the page from my iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3.
    I also noticed that there is no "Latest beta:" under 1Password for Windows and 1Password Web App, even though there is a Latest beta under 1Password for Mac, iOS, Android, 1Password Browser Extension and even 1Password CLI.

Second issue, it's not an issue it's more a detail thing. The footnote at https://agilebits.com is outdated as it says "©2015 AgileBits, Inc. All rights reserved." The year should be update. I know I make too much of a fuss for totally unimportant things but I have a feeling that Agilebits team cares a lot about tiny details. The same issue appears on the Mac App Store as it says "Copyright © 2005-2016 Agilebits Inc." The iOS App Store has a copyright but without the year it only says "© Agilebits Inc." I will attach some screenshots so it will be easier to understand what I just wrote.

I want to apologize if I have upset anyone.

Kind regards,

Catalin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Catalin1P: Ah, at first I wasn't sure what you were referring to, since I wasn't seeing anything like that here on my Mac...but the screenshots make it clear that we just have some work to do on the layout for mobile devices, and make the App Store descriptions more consistent. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :)

ref: AGW-383, AGW-384, OPM-5288, OPI-4156

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

You are welcome @brenty Earlier today I posted another issue here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/387739#Comment_387739 this should also be fixed. If I see any other problems I will let you guys know. If it involves sensitive things I will send an email.

Edit: I will do my best to edit a few of my screenshots and repost them so my post is more consistent and less confusing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Thank you! :chuffed:

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Ok, so I am back with some explanatory screenshots. I hope this time it will be easier to understand what I mean.
    This happens on my iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3. It might happen on other devices but unfortunately I don't have a tablet or an Android device.

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

I forgot another screenshot! Now if you read my first post from this topic and you also look at the screenshots it should point out what the issues are. Thank you for your time to review my posts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Catalin1P: Thanks! Regarding 1Password for Windows version 6, we're currently using Microsoft's HockeyApp for distribution and the beta program, so we can't hook things up on our update site the same way. Definitely something we want to change in the future when we have time to, but we're still full steam ahead on the new Windows app and don't have time to transition things — or want to cause any disruption. :)

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member

@brenty I understand now. What about the 1Password Web App. It also doesn't have a latest beta on your update site.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Catalin1P: Good question! It's isn't an app in the traditional sense, "just" a website (hopefully the web devs don't kill me for saying that!) So while 1Password Teams Pro accounts have beta features available to them, we don't have a separate public beta version of the site. We test things internally before deploying changes. Cheers! :)

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member

@brenty thank you very much for your assistance and the patience you have shown me. I hope I haven't bothered you with my silly questions.

I wish everyone at Agilebits a wonderful day. If I have any questions I know I can count on this amazing team to help me out. I feel so relieved to know that behind a great product is a greater team. It proofs me that I can trust you with my sensitive data.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Catalin1P: Thank you for the kind words. It's certainly no bother at all! While these aren't what I'd call "showstoppers", we definitely want to improve these things. When we're busy with the big stuff I guess we tend to overlook some of the little things, but they matter too. Thank you for pointing these things out! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.