Too many pop up warnings [sharing via SMS/email is insecure]

Options
Vintagetonez
Vintagetonez
Community Member
edited September 2017 in iOS

Why is the warning pop up happening every time I go to share my own information?!?! I don’t want to see that warning anymore. It makes the app feel low quality.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Vintagetonez

Sorry about that; but this warning is not optional. We will not add an option to ignore/not repeat it. Sharing using that method has a high risk, and as such our security chief felt it was important (and I agree) that we remind folks every time they use it. Most folks are likely using it infrequently and may forget. If you're finding yourself in a position where you are frequently sharing with people a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams membership may be more appropriate for your situation. With either of those options it is possible to share securely among family/team members.

Thanks!

Ben

• Vintagetonez
    Vintagetonez
    Community Member
    Options

Clearly there isn't an option to turn it off, hence my feedback. Pushing a paying customer to a subscription service to avoid the annoying pop up is am unacceptable response. Your policy of deciding what's best for people is BS.

• I'm sorry you feel that way, @Vintagetonez. Unfortunately I don't forsee this changing. It is our responsibility to help people make the best decisions possible regarding the security of their data, and sharing passwords via email or SMS simply isn't safe. You can make it a bit safer by using an encrypted channel such as PGP email, or iMessage instead of SMS. For most folks these aren't practical options -- PGP can be fairly complex to set up, and not everybody uses Apple devices. That is (one reason) why we recommend 1Password Families or 1Password Teams for uncomplicated sharing. In fact that was one of the primary reasons we built those services -- to make secure sharing simple, practical, and possible.

Sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.