Feature request: new item type "product"

Options
random_appleseed
random_appleseed
Community Member

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a new item time among the list of the possible items that are suggested by 1Password?
I would like to use it to add information on some products that I own, like my computers, bicycles, etc., especially to record the serial numbers and MAC addresses, and other useful data.

Right I found that one way to do that is to add a secure note with that data. However, I thought that it would be a nice simple addition to have a "product" item type (or something with another name with the same purpose).

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@random_appleseed: Secure Note is definitely the way to go. That's where I store information like that myself. I don't expect that we'll be adding a "product" category because for all the requests we've gotten for something like this, everyone wants something slightly different. So what we'd like to do is make it possible to create custom templates. I can't say for certain if or when that will happen, but I think if we're able to do that it will help a lot more people. In the mean time, you can use custom fields to great effect to get similar results. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.