Touch ID stopped working on iPad with iOS 10.3.3

Options
MEBerberich
MEBerberich
Community Member

I have been using my 1PW app on iPad for over a year with the Touch ID feature activated. It has always logged me in with my fingerprint. Suddenly, it has stopped working even though I haven't changed any settings, I have restarted my iPad but that did not clear the problem. Can you please advise what steps I should take to get Touch ID working again? Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID stopped working on iPad with iOS 10.3.3

Comments

• Hi @MEBerberich

Thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password's credentials can become cleared from the iOS keychain for a number of reasons, and when that happens Touch ID will stop working in 1Password until you re-enter your Master Password:

About Touch ID security in 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps. Thanks!

Ben

• MEBerberich
    MEBerberich
    Community Member
    Options

I have re-entered my Master PW several times. It allows me access but does not re-initiate the Touch ID setting, even though the setting has not been changed. I also checked to be sure it was app,enabled in my device settings. I have entered my Maste PW before and Touch ID resets. But not anymore.
    Any other ideas?

• MEBerberich
    MEBerberich
    Community Member
    Options

Well, never mind. I just opened the app and now it mysteriously works with Touch ID.
    I'm losing it! Lol.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! It's possible that you're triggering Touch ID disable accidentally. Happens to me all the time when my phone is in my pocket, as they are thin and I intentionally face the back of my phone out to avoid shattering the screen when I run into table corners (true story). Hopefully you don't run into further issues, but we're here if you need us!

This discussion has been closed.