To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My Master Password is not working anymore on my computer, although I know for 100% its correct.

Options

Dear AB team,

I have a newly occurred problem with my 1Password account, that scares me a bit. I don´t know whats wrong with it?
I run 1Password on 5 devices. My mac at home, my mac at the office, on my iPhone, on Mac Notebook and on my iPad.

I was working on my mac at home, when my 1 Password freezed. So I forced it to get out, restarted. Tried to login. Does not work. I was checking like 10 times. Always with the correct Master Password. I also tried to type the password in an email to see if the keyboard is maybe broken. But its 100% correct.

I put the exact same password on my iphone 1Password. All fine. I can login. But I can´t anymore on my computer.

The stupid thing is: I just put some new info in that 1 Password on my computer today. But for some reason it does not synch for about 2 weeks now with the other devices (I´m apparently to stupid to fix that).

What can I do now? What is the problem? I use your product for many years now. Never had that problem before. I´m terrified it could occur on my other devices as well? I have MY LIFE in your product. Everything.

So how can this happen?

Please advise.

Best regards,

Johannes

P.S. Shall I uninstall and install the program again?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10. 5
Sync Type: iCloud (but does not work right now)
Referrer: forum-search:Master Password is not working anymore on my computer, although I know for 100% its correct

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Johannes_Strachwitz: If your Master Password isn't working, that means it is being entered incorrectly or the data is damaged, as it is encrypted using your Master Password and can only be decrypted by it as well. Uninstalling will not help, but you could restore from a recent backup. If 1Password froze, that does point to something being damaged there (which would cause 1Password to stop responding). Alternatively, if you have all of your current data on the iPhone, you could reset 1Password on the Mac and sync your 1Password data back to it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.