To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cant get 1Password extension for Chrome to work on different computers

Ingrid_V
Ingrid_V
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

I´m new to 1Password and haven´t been able to google up an answer to this problem:

I´d like to use the extension for Chrome on my work computer (pc) and on my home computer (mac). It works fine on my mac, but when I try to click the icon for the extension in Chrome at work this happens:

a window pops up with the options of creating a new vault, open existing vault or restore for backup.
none of these lets me choose my exicting vault in Dropbox.

I thought I´d be able to access my passwords without downloading my vault to every computer or device I´ll ever use, since the sign up page said 1password had web access (!?). I´m logged on my google account with both browsers.

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I´m new to 1Password and haven´t been able to google up an answer to this problem: I´d like to use the extension for Crome on my work computer (pc) and on my home computer (mac). It works fine on my mac, but when I try to click the icon for the extension in Crome at work this happens: a window popus up with the options of creating a new vault, open existing vault or restore for backup. none of these lets me choose my exicting vault in Dropbox.

@Ingrid_V: You need to select "Open existing vault" and choose it from your Dropbox folder.

I thought I´d be able to access my passwords without downloading my vault to every computer or device I´ll ever use, since the sign up page said 1password had web access (!?). I´m logged on my google account with both browsers.

You can access 1Password data in your browser only if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership and stored your data there. You may want to consider that since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Otherwise you can continue using the version you paid for, and syncing your data with Dropbox.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Ingrid_V
    Ingrid_V
    Community Member

Hi brenty,

thanks for the reply. I do have a 1password membership on a individual plan (my billings site only offers upgrade to team or family membership) so it should let me log in on different browsers, right?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@Ingrid_V: Sure thing! I'm not sure what you mean though. If you have an individual 1Password.com membership already, then yes the only options you'll have there are to change to a family or team plan. The browser extensions are unrelated. Those work with the native 1Password app, which you may already have a license for, otherwise they are all included in a membership. Do you have the 1Password app and extension setup? You'll need to make sure you have the newest version of each of those and Chrome for them to be able to work together:

https://1password.com/downloads/
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    http://google.com/chrome/

This discussion has been closed.