opening one password on a new device - can't find my email address to have my liscense sent to me

Options
refuge40
refuge40
Community Member
edited September 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

[removed by AgileBits staff — this is a public forum] is the email address that I thought I had with you all, but it says it is not. Can you tell me what email address I have on file with you all. My name is Bethany Moore

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:opening one password on a new device - can't find my email address to have my liscense sent to me

Comments

• @refuge40: I can't locate your license purchase in our records by name or e-mail. Did you originally purchase the Mac app via the Mac App Store, by chance? In this case, your license is tied to your Apple ID and we won't have a record of that purchase on our end as Apple doesn't share customer information with developers. The Mac and Windows apps are also sold separately (we're not longer selling 1Password 4 for Windows), so an App Store purchase would not have included a license for the Windows app. Let me know whether you recall having purchased from the App Store and we'll go from there. :chuffed:

• refuge40
    refuge40
    Community Member
    Options

You are right! I purchased it through the Mac app via the Mac App store. Thank you so for helping me with this. I do have one further question. If you are no longer selling it for Windows, does that mean that I can't use the purchase that I made to cover a PC?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@refuge40: Indeed, Mac App Store purchases are only for that version of the app, and it won't work on Windows. However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits, and if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com we'll be happy to help you make the transition. :)

This discussion has been closed.