Primary Vault not showing up when I try to add it on my new iPad

jonathan_miller
jonathan_miller
Community Member

I am trying to sync my primary vault on my new iPad and it doesn't show up when I try to add it. It is synced through dropbox. When I went to sync with dropbox and it does the scan of the dropbox folder it only finds our family vault. That family vault is much newer. Could it be that the way my primary vault is named isn't being recognized by the iPad because that vault was created many years ago because I'm a long, long-time user of 1password? That primary vault is synced just fine on my iPhone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.8.1 on Mac. Latest version on iPad
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3, macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonathan_miller: Could you tell me what you mean by "family vault"? Are you also using a 1Password.com account? The "Primary" vault will just be whichever one you sync or create in the app first. And when selecting a vault in Dropbox, it's up to you to choose the one you want. 1Password has no way of knowing your preference otherwise. Let me know what you find!

• jonathan_miller
    jonathan_miller
    Community Member

@brenty I do not use a 1password account to sync, I use dropbox to sync the vaults. And I mean that I have two vaults that I have set up previously on other devices. One is the main 1password vault that I have had for years–that is the one that I was referring to as the "primary" vault. And I created a secondary vault several years ago when you added that feature that I was referring to as the "family vault." The issue that I am having on my new iPad is when I try to add both those vaults by going to "sync additional vault"/"sync with dropbox" it searches the dropbox and only finds the newer "family" vault, not the older "primary" vault. That "primary" vault is sitting at the top level of the dropbox in a folder called "1Password.agilekeychain_folder". Is there a way I can direct the iPad to look for that folder?

• @jonathan_miller,

The issue is the file name. It should be 1Password.agilekeychain. I'd suggest switching to our newer vault format, OPVault, though. That would kill two birds with one stone.

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain - 1Password Support

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.