Can't save new passwords, no options in the popup dropdown

For about 3 months, I have been unable to add any entries to 1Password, I don't have the option of where the details should be stored in my mini-popup. I can't find any settings that should change to solve this. I can fill in passwords that already exist, and it works great, but if I find a new website that I need to save things for, I can't.

I did a trial of the online/cloud service at one point, and wonder if this has somehow changed where I can save my logins to, but would be great to have this working properly again...

An example of what I see:
1password popup

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Personal
Referrer: forum-search:not saving

Comments

• colinasquith
    colinasquith
    Community Member

From reading around, it looks like standalone vaults are not covered in v6 on Windows and it's just reading my information from the previous cloud setup? Is the solution that I either go to v4, or sign up to the cloud version to get back on track?

• Greetings @colinasquith,

You are correct. We've removed the ability to attach an OPVault or Agile Keychain completely now and 1Password 6 only imports from one of the local storage formats as it was causing confusion. 1Password 6 development still concentrates on becoming a better client for our 1Password account users given that it is the only available client for them on Windows. I'm guessing that if you connected 1Password 6 to a local vault you were a 1Password 4 customer before? If that is correct that you could uninstall 1Password 6 and re-install 1Password 4 for Windows or as you note, create a 1Password account and migrate your data over. With a 1Password account connected (starts with a 30 day trial), you will be able to save new Login items and modify existing ones.

• colinasquith
    colinasquith
    Community Member

Ah ok - I wish I'd tried to sort this out months ago! All makes sense, although I don't seem to be able to sign up to 1Password account because I can't login, I think because my trial ran out and so I can't login to an existing account? I've created a ticket. My circumstances are a bit different than when I tried the trial before, I have another machine that would be useful to have access that isn't tied to my Dropbox. Hopefully I can resolve this and work out the next step! Thanks for the help, also I love your comic reference username :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@colinasquith: We have found your email on our side and will get back to you via email soon. Thank you! :+1:

ref: JFL-87317-358

This discussion has been closed.