Chrome + Firefox Extension stealing focus from other applications

When I have the latest 1Password Stable or Beta extension added to Chrome or Firefox within seconds of switching to another application the browser steals focus back.

Originally I thought it was a Chrome issue so downgraded from Dev to Stable channel but issue persisted until I removed the 1Password extension.

Then tried using Firefox until the issue was resolved but that has the same issue (guess the extensions are very similar now with Web Extensions).

First had the issue few weeks ago, just tried installing both latest Stable + Beta extension to Chrome to see if still an issue and it is.

Not sure if there is any additional information you require, if so let me know.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: Latest Stable + Beta
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Dempsey,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! We had similar reports about stolen focus, so I have an idea of what is going on.

To confirm my hunch, please create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have your data:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Dempsey
    Dempsey
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Have sent that but not received an auto reply as yet, will update post when I do.

EDIT: #KNQ-54994-794

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@Dempsey: Found it! We will take a closer look and get back to you soon. Thanks! :+1:

ref: KNQ-54994-794

• luis_pereira
    luis_pereira
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

I'm having this problem too... it started today!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hi @luis_pereira,

I've just sent you an email. Please share a report from your PC, so we could confirm the issue and provide you with further instructions. Thank you!

ref: RYP-12131-318

• stuballmac
    stuballmac
    Community Member

hi all, this solution by @brenty at here worked for me and my similiar issue with the same versions of 1password standalone and windows 10 mentioned by @Dempsey . hope it helps.

• @stuballmac: Thanks for sharing what worked for you. :chuffed: That's the most common cause of this problem, but there's a telltale sign in the diagnostics that lets us know for sure. Most likely, this is the same issue, but diagnostics will let Greg confirm. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.