To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot my Master Password, please need help !

Options
abenfa
abenfa
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

Hello, I forgot my Master Password and Touch ID is not working because it didn't work 3 times (f'ing iPhone!)

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, abenfa :)
    Sorry for the trouble you have been having. To clarify things, how do you use 1Password? Do you have a subscription account or just a standalone license? If you are part of a Family or Team account, any family organizer or team administrator can help you recover your account. Instructions for that can be found here.

If you are just an individual, though, not much can be done if you forget your master password. For security reasons, your master password is never transmitted, logged anywhere or known by anyone but you, including anyone at AgileBits. It is also the only way to decrypt your data. If you have another device that you use to access 1Password, you can try using that to unlock your account and change your master password to something you will remember. Otherwise, give the suggestions in this knowledgebase article a try:

Forgot Master Password

If none of those suggestions work then, unfortunately, nothing can be done that I'm aware of.

I hope that helps. Sorry if it wasn't quite the answer you were looking for.
    Corey

• abenfa
    abenfa
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the information Corey ! But I finally succeed to remember my Master Password ! I will be more careful anymore.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Good to hear you figured it all out. :)

• Glad to hear you were able to recall your Master Password, @abenfa. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.