Suggestion: include category titles in search

Options
stevefal
stevefal
Community Member

Today I was searching 1Password for a social security number. I typed "social" and nothing came up. My ssn entries are stored under "Social Security Numbers". This is a suggestion to include category title in the searchable text for each record. That way, "social" would bring up social security numbers, "credit" would bring up credit cards, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stevefal -- Thanks for the suggestion! I don't know what it would entail to do this; Category names themselves are selectable right in the sidebar of 1Password for Mac, for even faster searching (just click away from All Items into the category you want). But I will pass along your suggestion -- thanks! :)

• stevefal
    stevefal
    Community Member
    Options

I use the browser extension and the Android app. Both have a way to get to category UIs, but I personally don't enter the task thinking about categories, just the endpoint. Typing a couple characters is my normal approach: "ba.." for bank, "goo..'' for google, "ala..." for alaska airlines, "soc..." for social security number.

Thanks for passing it along.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're quite welcome - feel free to drop by any time if you have other suggestions, or just to say hi! :)

This discussion has been closed.