To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

auto lock setting

Options
a12041P
a12041P
Community Member

How do Change auto lock setting?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.10.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• a12041P
    a12041P
    Community Member
    Options

Cannot find "preferences" anywhere

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

Open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences.

• a12041P
    a12041P
    Community Member
    Options

There is no such entry in my list of menu options.

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

Did you open the main 1Password app? It's not enough to be in the browser extension. Open the main 1Password app from the dock or your Applications folder or however you normally open applications on your Mac.

• a12041P
    a12041P
    Community Member
    Options

I'm opening it from my applications folder. I enter my password which opens my vault. I have a menu list that goes from "all items" to "trash". There is no preferences option. I'm tearing out what little hair I have left.

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

The menu is in the top-left corner of your screen.

• a12041P
    a12041P
    Community Member
    Options

The top left corner of my screen has the 1password logo. If you click on it you get "Personal
    56 items
    Your default vault for storing items."

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

The top-left corner of your screen should look like this:

This is how every Mac application works. I'm not saying this to berate you but just so you understand that I'm not guiding you to something exotic here. :)

• a12041P
    a12041P
    Community Member
    Options

I wish I could do what you just did. However, my screen shows SAFARI where your example shows 1Password. Don't worry, you can't hurt my feelings.

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

Then you have Safari open and not the 1Password application. You need to open the 1Password application and keep it open and in front in order to access its menus. If you switch to another application (such as Safari), you will see the menu for that application instead.

It sounds a lot like you're trying this from the browser extension in Safari. That's why I mention above that you need to open the main 1Password application. Please verify that you're doing that.

• a12041P
    a12041P
    Community Member
    Options

Just closed and reopened it the same way I always do and the 1Password6 appeared in the menu bar. I'm all set- thanks for your patience.

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

Great! :)

• @a12041P: I'm glad that @pervel was able to help you out here! If there's anything else we can do to assist, just let us know. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.