To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

A popup screen blocks iPassword, says my account is frozen until submitting more information. Legit?

LarryM
LarryM
Community Member

When I attempt to log in to a site, a popup window titled "account frozen" shows up, with text: Your "my user name" 1Password account is frozen. You won't be able to create new items in this account, edit, or fill in your browser until this issue is resolved. Update your billing information to reactivate your account.
There are two buttons; "update billing information" and "not now".
Somehow this seems fishy to me, so I didn't do anything, just used my spreadsheet of passwords for now. Is this how you would make necessary changes in account information?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:A popup screen blocks iPassword, says my account is frozen until submitting more information. Legit?

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

It's always good to be cautious. So if you don't want to click any of the buttons, just log in manually to your account on 1password.com and check if you need to update your billing information. Check the following guide if you're unsure how to do that:

https://support.1password.com/manage-subscription/

• @LarryM: This pop-up is what I'd expect if you're trying to fill with a frozen account, but as @pervel mentioned, it's never unwise to be cautious. If you're ever concerned about entering your account information anywhere, I would always recommend following @pervel's advice and starting from a place you're comfortable with. :+1:

The linked guide should help you out, but here's another article that may provide some additional insight. Of course, if you have additional questions, feel free to ask. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.