1 Password Account all fine on IOS devices, but can't see "Primary Vault" now trying to sync Win PC

Options

1 Password Account all fine on IOS devices, but can't see "Primary Vault" now I'm trying to sync to Windows PC.

Is it something to do with sync settings on IOS devices set to iCloud Sync ?

All and any help appreciated

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @brettgreen 1Password for Windows cannot sync via iCloud, so you've definitely got part of the puzzle figured out there, but some more detail would be helpful in figuring out the big picture. A Primary vault you've set to sync via iCloud is what we call a standalone vault. It's stored locally only by default, but you can choose to sync it using a third-party service. I see you also have a 1Password membership, which syncs via our secure servers without any need to set up sync. Did you intentionally create this Primary vault as a standalone vault, or are you expecting this vault to be part of your 1Password membership account? Another consequence of creating a standalone vault is you won't be able to access it via 1Password.com or open it in 1Password 6 for Windows as both only support 1Password memberships. As such, you'll want to create a new vault on 1Password.com and move the items from your Primary vault to this new vault in your account, if you'd like to make sure it syncs to 1Password.com and 1Password 6 for Windows along with everything else. :+1:

Of course, if you have additional questions or need help getting things moved over, let use know. We're happy to lend a hand. :chuffed:

• brettgreen
    brettgreen
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks.
    I think I may have figured some of it out already, but I'm keen to see if I'm following "best practice".
    When I converted my standalone version to Account on IOS it created 2 vaults: Primary and Personal. By showing both vaults on my IOS devices, no problems. But on the Windows PC it only shows Personal. What I've done now id moved everything to Personal, deleted the duplicates, and all seems fine.
    You mention that I don't have to sync via iCloud any longer. Looking at the Sync tab on IOS shows "Primary Vault" via iCloud. Is this the Primary Vault that I don't need any longer?
    Appreciate your support.
    Brett

• @brettgreen: Generally, all of your items in your Primary vault will import into your 1Password account when you switch so that you don't need it anymore, but there are occasions where a few items don't quite make the move. The Primary vault is still a standalone vault even once you add your account since they can both be used at once. You do not need to sync your Personal vault via iCloud, so if you moved all of those items to Personal and are confident everything is there, you can go ahead and remove the Primary vault. On iOS, you'll tap Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault to do so. This data will remain on iCloud, so if you do need to recover it for any reason, you can add it back on iOS to pull a missing or corrected login. :+1:

• brettgreen
    brettgreen
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks for your support.
    All working as it should...

• Glad to hear it, @brettgreen! Enjoy your new 1Password account and if there's anything else we can do to help, we're here for you. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.