To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Getting started and configuring AVG Internet Security to allow extension to work in Chrome

MDSuburbs
MDSuburbs
Community Member

I signed up. I installed the extension into Chrome. I restarted my computer. The extension keeps asking for the 1Password Helper and can't find it.(Windows 10) I have AVG Internet Security as my "anti-virus and firewall and security. I don't know how to configure it so that the 1Password extension will work.

I am also trying to install it on my Apple iPhone 6s (iOS) and it isn't recognizing the scanned data nor my typing in the Secret Key (with hypens). I would also like to install it on my MacBook Air but I'm a little nervous about that since I can't get it to work on my Windows 10 PC.

Thanks for any help. I know there are tons of videos but I don't know which one to watch.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MDSuburbs
    MDSuburbs
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

I found some instructions for white listing an IP address on AVG Internet Security. Will that help and what is the IP address I need to white list?

• Hey @MDSuburbs! With the rollout of Native Messaging for the 1Password extension complete, AVG shouldn't be getting in the way of the extension working in Chrome on Windows. Have you installed the 1Password 6 for Windows desktop app already? 1Password needs both the desktop app and the extension to properly save and fill items for you, so you'll want to first make sure that both are installed and that you've signed into your account through the app. It may help to take a look at our Setup Guide to make sure you've got everything you need to get started. :chuffed:

If you've already installed the app and are still having trouble with the extension, let us know and we'll do some more digging. :+1:

• MDSuburbs
    MDSuburbs
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Thanks. It took me a few tries to get it figured out but I think I've got the hang of it now. I appreciate the help.

• On behalf of Kate, you're welcome. :) We're here if you have some other questions!

This discussion has been closed.