Nasty bug that change/erase info in fields

Options
Strimer
Strimer
Community Member

Ok so, here is some fun bug that leads to loss of data. It tied to rearrangement of fields inside section.

I've tried to understand how it works and here is 100% reproducible example:
1. Create new "Login" item
2. Fill the name field ("next")
3. Same with login field ("next")
4. Same with password field (''save")
5. "Edit" (item you just created)
6. "Add new section" -> enter name
7. "Add new field" -> "Text" -> enter anything (below "Text" title)
8. "Add new field" -> "Password" -> enter any password (should be different from what you typed in "Text")
9. Drag "Password" field above "Text" field, and drop it there
10. Done!

What can you see now is this:
1. "Password" field is now above "Text" field
2. "Text" field title (and what's below it) has changed to the same text that were in "Password" field i.e. "Text" -> "Password" / what was below "Text" title is now filled with what was below "Password" title.

It is definitely not the only case it happens in (not only when creating new "Login" item, but also while editing existing one)
The Problem seems to be in "Password" field since I've tried to drag it above other fields and it changes almost all of them (just like the "Text" field) except "Date" & "Month/Year". If you drag it above "Address" field then app will crash. "One-Time Password" only changes title of the field.

I've only tried/experienced it in "Login" items, but it may be present in others.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5 (13G36)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @Strimer,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. I was able to reproduce this, and have filed a bug for our development team to review. Sorry for the trouble!

Ben

P.S. Thank you for the very detailed steps to recreate the issue! Very helpful.

ref: OPI-4160

This discussion has been closed.