To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Remove Accounts

Options
Chippelchen
Chippelchen
Community Member

I attached a picture. When logging in into 1Password I see these two accounts. How can I remove them and start over? I've downloaded it over the App Store.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High Sierra
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @Chippelchen :)
    You can add or remove accounts any time you want on the Accounts tab of the 1Password preferences pane. Just use the + and - buttons on the bottom to add or remove the accounts.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. :)
    Corey

• Chippelchen
    Chippelchen
    Community Member
    Options

There is just the one I logged in with. I can't access the preferences pane when the vault is locked.

• Chippelchen
    Chippelchen
    Community Member
    Options

BTW: I found out that I have to deauthorize. I logged into the web and deauth every device I was logged in. I uninstalled 1Password and deleted the folder of 1Password in the Library folder on macOS. But when reinstalling and clicking on "1Password.com" under "already have an account?" there is still one account under my name. I tried several passwords but it seems like it is a test account which is older. Can I remove it from there and just add my account which is working?

• Hi @Chippelchen! Sorry about the confusion. 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS save your account details in iCloud Keychain automatically so you can sign in on other devices quickly. So long as you have your Secret Key somewhere safe, you can clear those accounts from iCloud Keychain on your Mac:

1. Hold option and click the 1Password icon in your menu bar, then click Quit 1Password mini.
    2. Click the magnifying glass in the top right of your screen and type Keychain Access, then open that app.
    3. Search for com.agilebits.onepassword.B5Credentials.
    4. Delete all results for that.
    5. Open 1Password and you should be all set.

Let us know how that goes! :)

• Chippelchen
    Chippelchen
    Community Member
    Options

That worked perfectly! Thanks for the fast support. Appreciate that. Keep up the good work, mate.

• You bet! :) We're here if you have some other questions!

• mr_nethead
    mr_nethead
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob I'm also having the same issue on my iPhone but I don't have a Mac. So what should I do now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mr_nethead: As far as I know, Apple does not give ay access to data stored in iCloud Keychain on iOS.

• mr_nethead
    mr_nethead
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty So there is no way I could remove my account on my iPhone?

• Ben
    Options

I don’t believe it is possible to modify the contents of the keychain directly from iOS, no.

Ben

• vrieset
    vrieset
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem as chippelchen, except that removing the data in the Keychain does not work. I would like to delete the test account that is locked, but there is no way in Preferences that I can do that

• Ben
    Options

@vrieset

Have you deleted the test account? If so try to add it to 1Password and the app will remove it. If you haven’t deleted it you’d need to do so in order to remove it.

How to delete your 1Password account

Ben

• vrieset
    vrieset
    Community Member
    Options

It is locked... I can not access it. The email adress is the same but the secret key is different.

• Ben
    Options

In that case you’ll need to email our sales team for assistance deleting it: sales@1password.com. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.