1password 6 does not lock after quit

Options
demianturner
demianturner
Community Member

This is probably your most popular question. I've read all the related support queries. I want 1password 6 to function like previous versions which was more sensible:

• always prompt user for pw when restarting Mac app
  • always keep 1password "mini" running
  • prompt for password on mini (or mac app) after timeout

I've been through all the Mac settings many times, there seems to be no way to setup your app like this, is that right?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: doesn't appear to be syncing
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 on Mac does not lock after quit

Comments

• @demianturner,

Have you tried "Lock when main window is closed" and "Lock after computer is idle for x minutes" on the Security tab?

Rudy

• demianturner
    demianturner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for pointing this out. I can't imagine why this option isn't enabled by default.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@demianturner -- it should be. The default timeout should be 5 minutes in 1Password for Mac. If that wasn't the case for you, I'm not sure what might've been wrong, but setting a timeout value there should solve the issue. If you meant the "Lock when main window is closed" preference, that one is intentionally left un-selected because we found far fewer people wanted to have this option enabled, as users tend to appreciate not having to re-enter their Master Passwords every time they close the window, and they're aware locking 1Password requires only clicking the lock icon at the top right of the main window.

• demianturner
    demianturner
    Community Member
    Options

ok thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@demianturner -- you're quite welcome! Enjoy the rest of your week.

This discussion has been closed.