Got message to update and now 1password 4 says the path or permissions are wrong

Options

I got a message to update my 1Password4 program (desktop). I clicked OK and it bombed - error said something about path or permissions being wrong and I was denied access. Now I can't open 1Password4 on my desktop at all. My 1Password extension in Chrome is hinky too - it will find my site logins but won't fill them in. Please help.

Jaime

1Password Version: Don't know
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 4 won't open

Comments

• Hi @jaimeson,

Thanks for writing in.

Did you previously install 1Password with admin rights? It sounded like 1Password was installed with admin rights or under a different account and when the update went through, it installed under your current account.

Try this to fix it:

1. Go to the Control Panel > Uninstall a program to uninstall 1Password
    2. Restart the computer and install the latest version from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

I hope this helps.

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, MikeT. I don't remember how I installed the last 1Password - must have been with admin rights because I followed your recommendation and now all is well. I appreciate the help.

Jaime

• You're welcome, I'm glad it helped, and if there's anything else we can do to help, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.