1Password Logon-Type not prompting

Running 1P 4.6.2.625 and have tried both Chrome plugins (Beta and current version) but 1Password is no longer prompting me with saved credentials. Example: I visit a website for which I have saved credentials, hit my Logons keyboard shortcut, and it doesn't list the site/logon just Open 1 Password (even though it is unlocked). I've made sure the URLs match, and even made sure I tested with a Logon that is linked to 1 site, and with 1 username/password. What did I break?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1703
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@eviltwintepe: Can you tell me which browser version you're using? Make sure that it's up to date, and it would hurt to restart Windows afterward just to be sure something isn't hung up. If you can give some example URLs I can test here as well. Thanks in advance!

• eviltwintepe
    eviltwintepe
    Community Member

I sure can!
    Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) - currently up to date.

This has been happening for a few weeks now - on two different PCs (using Dropbox sync) same version of 1Password, Windows 10 (1703), and Chrome on each.

Some URLs that don't work (which is all of mine) are:
    https://www.benefits.ml.com/login/login
    https://www.spirit.com/FreeSpiritLogin.aspx
    https://support.zimbra.com/front_page
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin

Most of my sites are work related which makes it a bit tough to list them all - but basically any existing Login/Site I have doesn't work. When I hit my shortcut keys to bring up the 1Password notification area login thing (where it lists the sites it thinks you're trying to log into) it never lists a site, just the standard Lock, Open 1 Password, Password Generator..., Last Generated Password, etc. Also odd - I'm not getting prompted to save a new password - just tested with the final site in the list.

Makes me think it is the plugin, maybe? I've tried both the beta and current however

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@eviltwintepe: I have an idea of what happened on your PC. Is it possible that you have two versions of 1Password for Windows installed at the moment, 1Password 4 and 1Password 6?

If my guess is correct and your you are not planning to use your 1Password account and 1Password 6, please uninstall 1Password 6. Here is how:

1) On the Start menu, select Settings.
    2) Select System > Apps & features.
    3) Find 1Password 6 there and then select Uninstall.

1Password extension should connect to 1Password 4 after that. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• eviltwintepe
    eviltwintepe
    Community Member

I am only running 1Password 4. I DID try to update to 6 in the semi-recent past few months (or so?) -- but I removed and went back to 4 when I realized 6 wasn't really a direct upgrade, per se. Looked on both PCs, no 1P6 - just 4, however.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@eviltwintepe: Interesting. Am I right to understand that you can see your Login items in your vault when you open 1Password 4 app, but when you open 1Password mini/extension using a keyboard shortcut, you do not see anything?

• eviltwintepe
    eviltwintepe
    Community Member

That is correct.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@eviltwintepe: Do you mind sharing some screenshots of what you see in the extension and in the app, so we could take a closer look? For example, here is what I see when I open Benefits.ml.com in Firefox on my side:

1) 1Password 4 prompts me to save a new Login for this website:

2) Next time I visit their website, I see a Login item in the extension:

However, please conceal any sensitive information that could be there. No need to send me your passwords or anything like that. You can attach them here or send them in a message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com. They will be really helpful. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• eviltwintepe
    eviltwintepe
    Community Member

I can - but I think I see the problem - clicking on the extension 'button' (upper right) gives me nothing. Rt. Clicking on it pulls up the menu but left click does nothing. SO there's no screenshot to send per se.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@eviltwintepe: Thank you for clarification! I have another idea. We have released an update for 1Password extension recently. Could you please do the following and enable Native Messaging:

1) Update to the latest version of 1Password 4, Firefox, and the extension, which all support Native Messaging.
    2) Close Chrome.
    3) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Advanced and make sure that you have Native Messaging enabled there.
    4) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Restart 1Password Helper.
    5) Launch Chrome.

Let me know if it works for you after that. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• eviltwintepe
    eviltwintepe
    Community Member

Good news - I did a re-install of everything, Native Messaging on by default and viola - all fixed! Thank you so much!

• That's super great to hear and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.