Plan selection problem

aaronczaaroncz
edited September 2017 in Purchasing

I created a new account and started the trial, then I chose the annual family plan. I was using the client from Agilebit Store, then I switched to the Mac App Store version because I prefer to pay with my App Store balance. However, on my Mac client, I can only see the button to subscribe monthly instead of annually.
My Mac client is the newest version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @aaroncz

That is correct. We do not yet have the ability to sign up for an annual plan through Apple available in the apps, but it is possible to switch to an annual plan once you've set up your subscription. Apple has instructions on how to do this available here:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

If you still have time left on your trial you will not be billed the monthly rate so long as you make this switch before the trial runs out.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Hi @Ben,

Thank you for your reply. Your answer is really helpful.

I was a family member a few months ago, on the AgileBits Store Mac version, my account was successfully recognized as a paid user, however, on the Mac App Store version, it showed that my account was in trial. Now I am a family organizer, if I bill through the official website, will the Mac App Store client recognize my payment?

Aaron

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Aaron,

With a membership you can use the app either from the App Store or directly from us. We generally recommend downloading directly from us, but if you're already established in the App Store, and want to pay through Apple, that'll work.

Ben

• aaronczaaroncz
    edited September 2017

Hi @Ben,

Never mind my last post, I added a card and the Mac App Store version successfully recognized my payment status. It seems that Apple takes 30% of the money from the subscriptions billed through Apple, I think you guys will be able to get more if users pay directly to AgileBits.

I prefer the Mac App Store version because of the convenience of updates. I currently live in China Mainland, because of some specific restrictions and policies of the network, downloading from the servers out of China may be extremely slow (like 30KB/s), and I have to use a VPN to speed up the process. Apple has some CDNs in Mainland China which speed up the downloads

I have another question:

For example, for the standard team plan, is the price 3.99$ per month or 3.99$ per year? The description says it bills annually, but I just wanna make sure.

Except for the extra features of the team plan, is there any differences of basic features between the family plan and the team plan? I have more than 5 people to pull into 1Password (I sometimes promote 1Password to my friends and most of them think it's amazing), so I'm interested in a plan which contains more places.

Thank you,

Aaron

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Never mind my last post, I added a card and the Mac App Store version successfully recognized my payment status.

Great!

It seems that Apple takes 30% of the money from the subscriptions billed through Apple, I think you guys will be able to get more if users pay directly to AgileBits.

This is true.

I prefer the Mac App Store version because of the convenience of updates. I currently live in China Mainland, because of some specific restrictions and policies of the network, downloading from the servers out of China may be extremely slow (like 30KB/s), and I have to use a VPN to speed up the process. Apple has some CDNs in Mainland China which speed up the downloads

Ah, understood. :)

For example, for the standard team plan, is the price 3.99$ per month or 3.99$ per year? The description says it bills annually, but I just wanna make sure.

The prices you see listed are the price per user per month, when billed annually (e.x. for one user you'd be billed $47.88 plus any applicable taxes each year). Monthly billings are available but at a 20% premium.

Except for the extra features of the team plan, is there any differences of basic features between the family plan and the team plan?

The basic features are the same. Most of what you get with 1Password Teams revolves around more granular access controls, auditing, and things of that nature. The end user would likely not know the difference.

I have more than 5 people to pull into 1Password (I sometimes promote 1Password to my friends and most of them think it's amazing), so I'm interested in a plan which contains more places.

Do you intend to share data with all of these people? If not individual accounts for each of them would be the less expensive option.

Thanks.

Ben

• aaronczaaroncz
    edited September 2017

Hi @Ben,

Thank you for your explanations and ur patience. I'll tell my friends to establish some family accounts, billed annually. It's way cheaper than individual plans after all!

I have another question. The "family" that I established is not literally a real family – It's a group of close friends. Two of them are at the University of Toronto, one of them is in Hong Kong, one of them is in the USA, now I live in Mainland China but I'll study abroad in Australia soon. This causes the IP addresses of logins from many different countries. For accounts like Steam, if IP addresses from different countries or regions are detected at the same time, the account will be banned because Valve will judge that the user is sharing the account with people. Does AgileBits has any policies or agreements that restrict my usage?

Thank you,

Aaron

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I have another question. The "family" that I established is not literally a real family – It's a group of close friends. Two of them are at the University of Toronto, one of them is in Hong Kong, one of them is in the USA, now I live in Mainland China but I'll study abroad in Australia soon. This causes the IP addresses of logins from many different countries. For accounts like Steam, if IP addresses from different countries or regions are detected at the same time, the account will be banned because Valve will judge that the user is sharing the account with people. Does AgileBits has any policies or agreements that restrict my usage?

I'm not aware of anything that would cause you difficulties in this regard. A number of our team members are frequent travelers, and might be in Japan one day, New York the next, and back home in Toronto for the weekend.

While 1Password Families memberships are designed to be shared among families, not friends, there isn't any policy (either political or technical) that would prevent you from doing so. Just be aware it isn't intended for that purpose.

I would recommend making sure everyone who is part of the 1Password Families membership be made aware of who the family organizers are, and what powers they wield. Essentially those people 'own' the membership, and can gain access to any vaults except for each user's default Private/Personal vault.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file