Transfer data from 1Password PRO v2.3 on iOS to current Mac or Android

Options
H_N
H_N
Community Member

Hi. I've been using 1Password PRO for many years. The App Store hasn't offered any updates for a long time.

I downloaded 1Password for Android, but can't find a way to transfer data to it from the iOS device.

I installed 1Password for Mac (macOS Sierra 10.12.6) to try to transfer the data there, but no luck.

I tried Wifi transfer on the iOS device, but the Mac version doesn't seem to have a way to launch it. I tried Wifi transfer directly to the Android device, but the devices don't see each other.

I tried backing up my data, but neither the Android nor the Mac versions recognize the file (.1ptbackup extension) as a 1Password data store.

How do I get my data off the iOS version?

1Password Version: PRO 2.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: Wifi, backup

Comments

• H_N
    H_N
    Community Member
    Options

I tried using these instructions, but failed:
    https://support.1password.com/upgrade-ios/

I installed 1Password 6.8.1 on the iOS device and copied the backup file to it using iTunes per the instructions, but the newer 1Password says: Invalid File The file you are trying to import is not in a format 1Password can understand.

I guess 1Password 2.x and 3.x aren't file format compatible, even though they share the file extension...

What next?

• Hi @H_N,

To get a usable backup from the old 1Password Pro you must be running v3.7.2. You can check for this version in the App Store under the Updates > Purchased > All tab. Note that you'll need to scroll (not search) to find it, as the search only looks for apps that are currently available for sale in the App Store (which 1Password 3 is not).

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.