Latest update for Windows 10 had error. Wouldn't load 1Password. Deleted it. No passwords.

Options

I updated the latest 1Password update for Windows 10. There was an error in it which I bypassed. 1Password wouldn't open. I deleted it. Now all my passwords are gone. Is there any way to retrieve them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Latest update for Windows 10 had error. Wouldn't load 1Password. Deleted it. No passwords.

Comments

• bartine_hodge
    bartine_hodge
    Community Member
    Options

Since I deleted 1Password, I don't know what version I was using, but I always updated any apps as soon as I was notified there were an update. There is no files in the recycle bin to open. I wasn't using any extension version. OS version does not apply. What is sync type?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @bartine_hodge,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry to hear you bumped into issues with 1Password update.

First of all, could you please specify if you are running any kind of AV/anti-malware software on your PC? We had similar reports from the users of Malwarebytes and McAfee, so please let us know. In the meantime, please do the following to install the latest version of 1Password 6 for Windows:

1) Uninstall 1Password via the Control Panel.
    2) Reboot.
    3) Download the latest version from our website, but DO NOT install it yet:
    4) Disconnect the Internet and disable AV/anti-malware software temporarily.
    5) Install 1Password.
    6) Re-enable AV/anti-malware software/Internet after that.
    7) Let me know if it works.

Thank you in advance! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• bartine_hodge
    bartine_hodge
    Community Member
    Options

I use Malwarebites and Norton

• Hi @bartine_hodge,

Can you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this thread, so we can help you directly with this.

Let us know here when you sent that email, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.