Syncing Vaults across multiple devices [conversation continued through email]

Options
hankfeir
hankfeir
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

I had three vaults on my iMac in 1P. The Primary Vault held 99% of my items, but I did have four items in a second vault and three items in a third vault. I noticed that only the Primary Vault was syncing with my MacBook Air and my three iOS devices (an iPhone and two iPads). I use Dropbox to sync across all devices. I went into Preferences on my iMac and added the other two vaults to be synced with Dropbox. I now have all of my items from the Primary Vault in all three vaults resulting in having three copies of every item. I also lost the items that were in my two secondary vaults. This included some login passwords which I now don't have anymore. I haven't changed any vault sync setting on my other devices than the iMac yet because I don't want to screw up 1P on the other devices.

I've used 1P for many years and have recommended it to many people. I've never had a complete mess before or lost items before. I've also never tried syncing vaults before. Can you help me get rid of all of the duplicates without having to manually trash each duplicate (there are over 1200 duplicates)? Will I be able to recover the seven items that were in the two secondary vaults, or are these lost forever? I am currently a VERY unhappy customer!

Thanks,

Hank

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.1 (681006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6 (16G29)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hankfeir - sorry for the trouble! If you've been using 1Password for years, first of all, thank you! The bit that caught my eye, however, was reading your words about never having synced before. I'm not quite sure what you mean, because earlier you said you use Dropbox to sync. Regardless, I'm guessing this solving this will involve a fair amount of personally-identifying information, so in order to keep that private and also to get a better idea of what data is in what vaults on which devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81772/syncing-vaults-across-multiple-devices#latest
    • Your forum username: hankfeir

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you via email. Thanks very much!

• hankfeir
    hankfeir
    Community Member
    Options

support ID is [#DIL-32833-421]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hankfeir - thanks! I've replied to you via email. We can keep the conversation going over there, if you don't mind.

ref: DIL-32833-421

This discussion has been closed.