Account sync help needed - iOS to windows

Options

Hello
I have recently set up a 1Password account through my iPhone. I have also added the 1Password application to my windows 7 desktop pc (1Password 4). I cannot find a way to add my existing account to the windows application. WLAN sync instructions indicate I should select Settings > Sync on my mobile device in the 1Password application, however there is no sync option in the settings so I am stuck. I can't change any of my existing passwords until the pc app has the data I've already set up on my iPhone. Please help!!

Comments

• Chris Upjohn
    Chris Upjohn
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @smokeyjobe,

In order to use an online account, you will need 1Password 6 which you can download via the link below once signed in.

https://my.1password.com/apps

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @smokeyjobe,

Thank you for reaching out!

Chris is right. It seems that you created a 1Password account on your iPhone, but now you are trying to use a local vault and 1Password 4 for Windows on your PC. What you need to do is to download 1Password 6 for Windows and then sign in to your account there. Here is how you can do that:

Set up 1Password (Windows)

Since you are using 1Password account, there is no need to set up additional sync via WLAN or Dropbox. Please let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Moandmartin
    Moandmartin
    Community Member
    Options

Hello - I am trying to get my information from an old work account transferred to my new personal account and I can't seem to get it work. I have watched the video on moving existing data and I don't know how to get the prompt asking to 'Move items'. Please help!

• smokeyjobe
    smokeyjobe
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Chris and Greg :) . Following your guidance I'm now setup correctly. Cheers!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smokeyjobe: Great news! :) I am glad to hear you are all set now. Feel free to contact us anytime in the future, we are always ready to help.

@Moandmartin: If you are using Mac, please follow the steps here to migrate your existing data to your new 1Password account. Let us know how it goes. Thanks! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.