I miss the lock and unlock sounds. Is there any hidden setting to get them back.

Options
dRadHarry
dRadHarry
Community Member

As per title, how do I get the lock and unlock sounds back? They were very reassuring, especially when you've sent the app to the background and it makes the sound after the preset timeout.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dRadHarry - thanks for the trip down memory lane! You're not the first one to miss the reassuring "click" sound of 1Password's changing lock/unlock status. However, many more people found it distracting or annoying. I've filed your request, though at this point, that's a minor UI issue (minor in comparison to other things the developers are working on), and because there are partisans on both sides of this issue, I not only can't say when you'll see it return, I can't even say IF you'll see it back. But I've passed along your thoughts, and thanks for taking the time to write us about it. Have a great rest of your week!

• dRadHarry
    dRadHarry
    Community Member
    Options

Haha! My pleasure.
    Might I suggest that, to keep partisans on both sides happy, have the sounds off as default, but provide a tick/check box in the settings panel that would allow me, and all my fellow nostalgic partisans, to enable the sounds? You might prevent many suicides by resurrecting this much sought after super-feature which would instantly put your product light years ahead of your competitors, much further than it already is.
    All the very best,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dRadHarry - thanks for the suggestion! We certainly don't want to be the cause of anything awful! :)

This discussion has been closed.