pw not transferring to login screen even though it's stored in 1Password on iPhone

Options
thomasframes
thomasframes
Community Member
edited September 2017 in iOS

I changed a pw on my iMac, and it is stored in the latest version (6.8.1) 1Password on the iMac. It also shows up in !password on my iPhone (10.3.3). However, when I try to login to the (bank) app on my iPhone, the PW does not appear.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pw not transferring to login screen even though it's stored in 1Password on iPhone

Comments

• Hi @thomasframes,

My apologies for the delayed reply. Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Which banking app is it that you're experiencing this difficulty with?

Please let us know.

Ben

• thomasframes
    thomasframes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben:

'Tis I who should apologize. I didn't realize until after I'd posted my query that I should access any pw protected sites through 1Password, and not through the app's icon. Duh.

Paul.

• Paul,

No worries. Thanks for the update.

There are actually a few different ways to connect to your accounts. Some services have added 1Password support to their apps:

AgileBits Blog | Apps ❤ 1Password

With these services you can tap the 1Password button directly within their app. For apps that have not added support you can either copy + paste from 1Password into their app, or access their website through Safari or 1Browser (the browser in 1Password):

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - 1Password Support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.