iOS 11 QR Code Support

rdg
rdg
Community Member

Hi,

I just happened to scan a OTP Auth QR code using the Camera app on a device running iOS 11 and was surprised to see that iOS prompted me to open the URL in a third-party app called Digidentity.

Hopefully this is something that can be integrated into 1Password when iOS 11 is released?

The QR code which I scanned contained a URL beginning in: otpauth://totp/

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

@rgreen: I believe this already works, to some extent at least. I'm currently using 1Password 6.8.1 on both iPhone and Mac and am running iOS 11 developer beta 9 on my iPhone.

I scanned the QR code from my Mac on my iPhone and it prompted me to open the 1Password app and took me to that setup page.

• This is a cool idea, folks. I'll take a look and see what it would take to get that added.

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

@MrRooni: Great! Looking forward to it! Will 1Password see a compatibility update for iOS 11 around the launch of iOS 11 or the new iPhones.

I believe macOS is to be updated very soon too, perhaps September 20th or so.

• MrRooni
    edited September 2017

Hey there @AskAli. It's quite possible that you will see some 1Password news in the coming weeks, yes. :)

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

@MrRooni :+1: ;)

This discussion has been closed.