Login that consistently crashes the plugin

Hi guys,
I seem to have a login credential that makes the plugin go whitescreen when I click on it. This is 100% reproducible. Chrome reports the following in the inspect console:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined
        at Object.n [as findFirstOneTimePasswordField] (popup.js:1)
        at d.render (popup.js:1)
        at d (react-dom.js:6)
        at c (react-dom.js:6)
        at k (react-dom.js:6)
        at u (react-dom.js:6)
        at p (react-dom.js:6)
        at h (react-dom.js:6)
        at E (react-dom.js:6)
        at Object.enqueueSetState (react-dom.js:6)

This credential is for autodesk.com, but it doesn't have to be on Autodesk's site to cause the crash. Just searching and then clicking it makes the plugin go boom.

I'm not using any OTPs with 1password, so the error function name is a bit mysterious.

I'm happy to provide any additional information I can. :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.8.4
OS Version: Linux Mint
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @tetious,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're experiencing this issue. I've just emailed you with some steps that I hope will help us reproduce and resolve this, but let me know if it doesn't arrive.

Thanks for your assistance, I hope you have a great week!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Thank you for the report, @tetious! I worked with @beyer today to resolve this crash and the fix is available in version 0.8.5 which was just published and should be available to you within the hour.

Please give it a go when you get a chance and let us know how it turned out. Also, can you share how you created this item?

• tetious
    tetious
    Community Member

Awesome! So fast! :)

@beyer shared a workaround via email that I already did, and it worked, so I can't really repro anymore alas. :)

The item was from a LastPass import, using the tool in my.1password.com, following the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/import-lastpass/

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @tetious,

No worries, I was able to thoroughly test our changes with the information you've already provided. Now the trickier part is to figure out why our import tool created an incorrectly formatted Login item to begin with. It's a good thing I like a challenge!

Thanks for your help. I hope you have a great weekend!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.