New subscriber has apps on Mac; cannot sync to iPhone and iPad.

Options
linderlinder
linderlinder
Community Member

I am new (subscriber at $3.99 per month). I downloaded 1Password apps on my Mac Book Pro. Now I can't figure out how to do iCloud sync to my iPhone 6S (10.3.3) and iPad (9.3.5). Tutorial says to click on Preferences, then Sync. But I can't click on "Sync" because it is not on the tool bar! What's wrong? Do I need to buy a membership too?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: brand new!
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: want iCloud!!!
Referrer: forum-search:sync to iCloud mac book pro

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @linderlinder :)
    Sorry for the confusion. As a 1Password membership subscriber you don't need to set up syncing manually. One of the benefits of membership is seamless, automatic syncing. The reason the Sync tab is not in your toolbar is because it is unnecessary. To access your 1Password on your phone and iPad, you simply need to download the apps on those devices and add your account. Once added, syncing will be done automatically by the apps themselves without you having to set it up.

A guide on how to set up 1Password on each of your devices can be found here.

Give that a go. Let me know if you run into any issues and I'll try to help any way I can. :)
    Corey

• linderlinder
    linderlinder
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Corey, this is what I needed. I'm up and running on all devices!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Great to hear. :+1: If you have any other questions, feel free to come back and ask. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @linderlinder -- glad to hear you're up and running; that's the way it's supposed to be with a 1password.com account: easy. :)

This discussion has been closed.