New favourites screen also shows recents?

BrokenHope
BrokenHope
Community Member

I don’t have any favourites set but the favourites screen still shows some entries that have been modified recently. Is this working as intended?

Comments

• Yes indeed, @BrokenHope , the new Favorites screen also shows the three most recently used items.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni,

I suggest the above should be an option. I, for one, don't need this feature, and would rather not have it.

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

I personally really like it, but thats me.

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

I always prefer toggles then because I know different people have different tastes. The problem is striking a balance, too much customization can be confusing or overwhelming to the average user.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @AskAli,

You make a valid point.

• ag_kevin
    edited September 2017

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. AskAli hit the nail on the head. We do need to strike a balance. Otherwise we'd have a screen with hundreds of switches. That's not to say we are saying no to putting in a option. We just need to think very carefully before putting a switch in, and the feedback here will be part of that decision making.

Thanks all,
    Kevin

ref: OPI-4175

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin,

But surely it should be a user decision what is shown in favourites; not for the developer to decide.

• Hi @HRD ,

A valid point. I'll repeat, we haven't said no to a setting yet, we just don't have that decision made today. We are still collecting feedback, so the feature may change from now until release (or even after.)

Cheers,
    Kevin

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I find it particular annoying after having opened a favorite: it will appear twice in this tab... (as a recent and as a favorite)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @XIII,

Another small matter that needs resolving.

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

I agree, no need to appear twice.

• Hi all,

We'll look into that. We don't want to remove it from the Favourites part of the list, since it was explicitly put there and there will be some muscle memory in play when accessing it. But it would look odd to some people too, if you just accessed that item and it wasn't at the top of the recent list. We can consider filtering it out of the recent list and inserting the next most recent item.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin,

I am eliminating my favorites until this resolved.

This needs a rethink on your part, IMHO

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Does AgileBits have analytics code in 1Password? Can you find out whether people are actually using this "recents" feature? (for logins that are not favourites?)

I'm asking because I have about 10 logins which I use a lot and have all stored as favourites. The other hundreds of logins I use now and then, but almost never more than once for a long period of time. Thus, for me "recents" are just cluttering the "favourites", but of course there will be many other use cases, so I'm wondering whether you can check this.

• @XIII,

Nope, what you do inside the app is your business. we're not tracking what you do, even anonymously.

Rudy

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin,

Just wondering is this annoying and unnecessary feature is to be given an option, or better still removed.

• We have not made any decisions on the feature yet.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin,

I remain to be convinced of any benefits, especially when items appear twice!

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

This isn't even out for public release, I would suggest to just be patient and wait and see what happens.

• @AskAli,

Indeed, Thanks for that. The only way we know if something is going to work or not is by relying on our trusted beta testers to give us feedback on changes we're trying out. There was an equally divisive feature we added to the Mac version that we gathered feedback on in beta and decided to change the plan entirely based on that feedback.

Rudy

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

I assume you have decided not to provide an option for this annoying feature?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Nothing is set in stone. Thanks for letting us know your preference. :)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @brenty,

Noted. I am convinced an option would satisfy those who would rather not have this feature.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Options almost always satisfy someone. The problem is that if we did that in every case when asked, 1Password would be little more than a window full of checkboxes and radio buttons. We'll see what we can come up with. ;)

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

@brenty,

Thanks for listening and offering the option in 7.0.1 to delete 'recently used items'.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

@brenty @rudy @ag_kevin @MrRooni Great job 1Password for listening to feedback and striking the right balance in the solution! I was not a fan of the "recently used items" and the first thing I noticed in the 7.0.1. update is a way to customize them. Bravo! Fantastic work.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HRD, @iamecho: Thanks for the kind words! I don't have strong feelings either way, but I think this will be appreciated by others as well. Cheers! :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Appreciated!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We appreciate you too! It's great to get constructive criticism like this, and to be able to find a solution that helps people. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.