Master Password and TouchID suddenly no longer accepted

andrurdna
andrurdna
Community Member

Starting this evening, neither my Master Password nor TouchID are being accepted.

I've used the same Master Password for 1Password for the last ~8 years so I'm 100% certain it's right. Confirming that something weird has happened my TouchID has also stopped working at the same time. The pop-up box disappears as it does when the fingerprint scan was accepted by OS X, but the vault then shakes as when entering a bad Master Password.

I sync using iCloud which was full earlier at the time I added a new password. Could my vault be corrupted somehow? Is there a way to roll-back to a previous version?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:master password and Touch ID not accepted

Comments

• andrurdna
    andrurdna
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Well, just after I posted this I thought - let's just try trashing and reinstalling - so I did that, it popped up for TouchID and I'm in.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @andrurdna -- well, as much as I'd like to be able to say I'm glad I helped you get this sorted out, I can't hardly claim any credit if you did all the work yourself! However, I'm not above taking a win on this, even if I had nothing to do with it! ;) I'd make sure your Master Password is indeed the one you think it is, since Touch ID is not a substitute for your Master Password. But after that? You should be set. :) Let us know if you need anything further, and have a great week.

This discussion has been closed.