opvault or keychain?

I had to reset up syncing because with my ios because somewhere along the way it stopped working. I was able to get it working with dropbox. It appears to be syncing with agilekeychain, but I also see an apps folder with an opvault file. Not sure if opvault was from my previous syncing method and should be deleted to avoid future confusion.

1Password Version: 4.4.3 agile web store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• @lisatdhs,

OPVault is the newer format of the two. It specifically addresses shortcomings in AgileKeychain as it relates to Attachments. You can read more about OPVault at https://support.1password.com/opvault-overview/.

I would say that unless you have a specific reason to stick with agile keychain (old client on another platform that doesn't support OPVault) that you should migrate to OPVault for syncing.

Rudy

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lisatdhs,

You posted:

1Password Version: 4.4.3 agile web store

Although version 4 of 1Password for Mac does support the newer OPVault format for syncing, you could run into issues that were fixed in version 5 (and later) so we suggest sticking with Agile Keychain format for syncing when using version 4.

• lisatdhs
    lisatdhs
    Community Member

I guess because my OS is 10.9.5 I am up to date with 1password version 4. Thanks for the recommendation to stick with AgileKeychain till I upgrade. In the meantime, could I delete the opvault file in dropbox? I must have attempted to sync with that sometime in the past.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lisatdhs -- if you're sure the OPVault contains no information you don't have other places, then sure, feel free to delete it. Alternatively, you could remove it from Dropbox and keep it stored somewhere else securely on your hard drive, or even a USB Flash drive. That way, when you upgrade, you can always check to see what's in it if you can't remember. Cheers!

• lisatdhs
    lisatdhs
    Community Member

Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lisatdhs -- you're quite welcome. Thanks for visiting the forum!

This discussion has been closed.