Search for usernames as well, when titles are the same

Options
danielcompton
danielcompton
Community Member

Hi folks

1Password has a neat feature where if you have multiple logins for a site with the same title, then it will show in lighter text the username for each of the logins so that you can pick the right one. Currently it doesn't seem like those usernames can be searched for in 1Password Mini. If I type Google then it filters down to the 10 (!) Google accounts that I have. If I start typing the start of any of the usernames then it doesn't find them, and narrows the search results down to nothing.

Previously I had named each Google login "Google (username)" and this filtering scheme worked. I can understand that you don't want to filter on every username, but for these kinds of items, I think it would be helpful to filter on them as the username has become part of the title.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.1 (681006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.9 (Safari)
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @danielcompton! Have you tried adjusting the 1Password mini field search from Search Major Fields to Search All Fields? If so, did that allow you to figure out a way to use search as you're hoping?

• danielcompton
    danielcompton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks yep, that also works as well. I'd still suggest that my above post would be good default behaviour when searching major fields.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danielcompton - thanks for bringing it up, truly. We are always looking for ways to make 1Password better, and if eleven years has shown us anything, it's that we don't have a monopoly on good ideas. :)

This discussion has been closed.