Switching from License to subscription - Vaults issue

Options
Llamalad
Llamalad
Community Member

For some reason I have a different vault on Macbookpro to my iMac. The vaults are in the same dropbox. The new 1password.com account has synced the passwords from the iMac 1password app but I want to merge the passwords from the vault used by Macbookpro 1password app.

How can I do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi there @Llamalad :)
    Congratulations on the new 1Password account. What you are seeing on your Macbook is the old standalone vault that you used through Dropbox. That won't sync through your 1Password account because it is entirely separate. What you need to do is migrate your original Dropbox vault data over to your 1Password.com account vaults. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.

Hope that helps. If you run in to any more issues, I'm always here to help. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Llamalad! Can I ask: were the vaults from your iMac and your MacBook Pro previously in sync with one another via Dropbox, before you opened your 1password.com account? If the MacBook Pro and the iMac had different data sets that were not synced to one another before you created the 1password.com account and moved your iMac's data over, then you will need to follow the same process with the MBP. @Corey_C's link should work well for that. Don't forget to delete your old, Primary vault once the data is successfully migrated.

However, if the 1Password data on your iMac and your MBP were in sync via Dropbox previously, then assuming you've successfully imported your data from Dropbox to your new account on the iMac (and also not been adding data to the old Dropbox vault on your MBP), you don't need to migrate your Dropbox data from the MBP, since it's the same data. Importing it again on the MBP will cause duplication. If this is the case, you'll need to just lock 1Password on your MBP, then choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data. Restart 1Password and sign into your 1password.com account.

Let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.