Company firewall blocking synch?

Options

I have 1Password installed on my personal Mac and my company's Windows 10 laptop. I created a new login on my Mac and the login shows up fine on, say, my iPhone, but not on the company laptop. How can I check to see if my Windows laptop is even trying to synch with my 1Password account or if it's being blocked in some way? I generated the diagnostic report, but I don't see any issues.

1Password Version: 6.5.401
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Steven Strell: No problem! With a 1Password.com account this is easy. Just open your browser and sign into your account there:

https://start.1password.com/signin

That will show you everything that is stored there. However, The first thing you need to do is update 1Password. You're quite a bit behind there, and the latest version has many network improvements that may help:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6

And if there is some discrepancy and 1Password is not able to communicate with the server on one of your devices, definitely let us know so we can investigate. Do you have "security" software or firewall/proxy settings on your PC that may be interfering? Thanks in advance!

• Steven Strell
    Steven Strell
    Community Member
    Options

The update feature in the program does not appear to be working behind my company's firewall. When I check for updates, it says I am up to date with 6.5.401, so I didn't know there were updated versions. I just manually installed 6.7.454, but it is still not synching the new login I created on my Mac. My Windows laptop is company issued and behind a firewall, so I don't know the details of what may be interfering. We do use McAffee, but even if I temporarily disable the Mcaffee firewall, I still don't see my new login. Anything else to check?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Steven Strell,

Does your company use a proxy or PAC file? That is almost always the cause of this specific issue.

What may help figure this out is looking at your 1Password diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Steven Strell
    Steven Strell
    Community Member
    Options

Finally getting back to this. I've sent the diagnostics report.

• Hey @Steven Strell! I haven't been able to track down your diagnostics. Did you get a reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ID included? If so, if you could post it here, that would help me track it down, particularly if you sent them over from a different e-mail that the one associated with your forum account. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Steven Strell
    Steven Strell
    Community Member
    Options

Whoops. You're right. I sent from my work email instead of my Agilebits email. I'm resending it now.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Steven Strell: Found it! We will take a look and let you know what we find out via email. Thanks! :+1:

ref: HJV-17716-288

This discussion has been closed.