Say you're happy to assist, but it takes a live person chat. Help please

marilyntharris
marilyntharris
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

I signed up on 1password on September 5, 2017. 
I went in today, September 11, 2017, PW wouldn't work. I tried many times.
Ended up with a different account entirely.
I had a user, Jeff, help me; he likes 1password but I think he left me before I finished the setup. 
I have my iPassword Emergency Kit in front of me.
The account accepted it when we signed up

I need to talk to a person because I seem to have two accounts now.

Personal information removed from thread by Moderator ~thightower and forwarded to the staff.
Please do not post personal information as these are public forums.

One of the staff will be in contact

AND IT WON'T ACCEPT IT either.
I saw how well it worked for Jeff, but I'm at my wit's end and about to quit 1password forever because nothing I do works. Please help me. 

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need to talk to a live person - quick, please. been at this for hours. PW'S WON'T WORK

Comments

• marilyntharris
    marilyntharris
    Community Member

This is a nightmare, folks. It's like a ball of yarn with knots in it. You say you want to help but keep putting up barriers instead of help.

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

@marilyntharris,

As for your question I would just recommend trying all the possibilities and see what works. Then immediately regenerate your secret key, change your master password and check to see if any other devices have accessed your account and deaurborize them immediately.

I believe 1Password can help you delete a second account or account you don’t have access to anymore.

If you want more of an immediate response I’d recommend to tweet them at @1Password, I’m pretty sure that’s the quickest way. Idk how whoever runs that account does it. Kudos to him.

However, I would REALLY recommend you to delete this post or take out a lot of the contents ASAP. You just posted your secret key, master password, and email on a public forum.

I'd recommend to email them privately about this.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help but I just noticed this and I SERIOUSLY think you should delete this or remove a lot of the sensitive information.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Please, email support@agilebits.com and they will be able to help you there. This is private account information. Do not go discussing it in a public forum.

Please, edit this to remove the private information.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Topic has been edited with the private information removed and forwarded to the staff.

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

Thanks @thightower!

Didn't know we had community moderators around here, that's awesome.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

I have been here for ages, since 1Password 2 ;) Some other mods are around too.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hi @marilyntharris -- sorry for the delay in our response, but I see you've been in the capable hands of some of our forum members, @AskAli, @thightower, and @Corey_C.

I also see that my colleague Oliver has been helping you via email; given that this issue will need to include some personally-identifying information, let's continue the conversation via email, if that's OK with you. Don't worry; we'll get you set up and having an experience more like the one you saw Jeff having. :)

ref: YEY-28588-775

This discussion has been closed.