Duplicate Entries in Chrome Extension

Options

I think this happens when I leave the browser open and login multiple times after a timeout. For every site there are two or three duplicates of every entry (see screenshot).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• abscondment
    abscondment
    Community Member
    Options

0.8.6 is pretty broken for me; I see duplicated entries for item in my vaults, and the correct item doesn't get selected on search.

• ianmjones
    ianmjones
    Community Member
    Options

I've got my personal "family" account set up as the primary account, when I come back to Chrome and unlock the extension that account's passwords are available.

Annoyingly I then have to click the "Settings" cog to select my company's team account and then unlock that too. It would be great if there were an option to auto-unlock that account too. I know that there used to be something similar in earlier betas and there was some push-back on it auto-unlocking other accounts, but I personally would like that option, maybe on an account by account basis, based on the fact that my primary account has the master password for the secondary saved.

When unlocking that team account I'm now noticing that the accounts are multiplying, this seems to have started in the last few days.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: 0.8.6 (beta)
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• CowOAgile
    CowOAgile
    Community Member
    Options

Just to add I'm on the Google Chrome Version 61.0.3163.79 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Lubuntu 16.

• abscondment
    abscondment
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I found the cause of my issues. My account was listed as logged in twice, hence the duplication (presumably having duplicates of unique entries also made the search unable to pick the correct index in the logins listview). So, bug: accounts should be unique :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@abscondement / @CowOAgile / @ianmjones: We've run into this issue as well. :-1:

It looks like this will only happen if you sign in to 1Password.com with 1Password for Chrome locked. Since we are able to reproduce this easily, we will work on getting this resolved right away.

In the meantime, you should be able to remove your account from the Settings page (which unfortunately removes all of them) and then add it to 1Password for Chrome by signing in again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your help!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

ref: b5x-43

This discussion has been closed.