Upgrade from Mac version 3.5

I have a license for version 3.5 on my Mac. Do I need to pay for an upgrade to the latest version?

1Password Version: 3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS10.12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have a license for version 3.5 on the Mac. Do I need to pay an upgrade fee for the latest version?

Comments

• Corey_CCorey_C

Team Member

Hi there @Jeff_Hirsch :)
    The simple answer is yes. 1Password licenses are based on version and you will have to buy a new license for each of your devices if you wish to upgrade to the latest.

As one 1Password fan to another, another option that you may be interested in is a 1Password.com subscription account. Along with benefits such as seamless, no nonsense syncing across all devices, it includes all upgrades for all your devices as long as your account is active. More information about the benefits of a membership can be found here.

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Hope that helps :)
    Corey

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @Jeff_Hirsch - If you're rocking 1Password 3 on your Mac, yes, there will be a charge to upgrade to 1Password 6. Like @Corey_C mentioned, I would recommend signing up for a 1Password Membership since we include all the apps across every platform in addition to future upgrades. You can even migrate your existing 1Password data over to the new account. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for asking :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file