no items in vault any more

Options
hermansi
hermansi
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

Hi, I can't see any items anymore in my vault on my imac. On my iPhone and on my macbook I do see the items.
I do see the primary vault in dropbox folder, but don't see any items in 1password.
when i create a backup I see 2147483647 items.?
in backup from 30 aug I see 269 item.
I reverted back to the backup from 30th aug and it works again. How come I had so may item today? And how am I sure I did not lost any items?

_1Password Version:
1Password
Version 6.8.1 (681005)
Mac App Store
_Extension Version:
_OS Version:10.11.6
_Sync Type:DropBox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @harmansi -- that doesn't sound right! The first thing I'd like you to do is quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu). Please also quit any running browsers that have the 1Password extension installed. Restart 1Password, enter your Master Password and see if the problems persists. If it does, make sure you don't have any filtering enabled in the search bar. Let us know what you discover!

• hermansi
    hermansi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I am sorry to say that I was not patient to wait for an answer and reverted back to a few days old backup.
    After that it was working again. I did not noticed any missing entries (yet).

I created the question to inform you of the issue and the solution I used.

Strange thing is that when I did not see any items and created a backup(sept 9th), the backup stated it contained 2147483647 items.
    In my previous backup from 30 aug I only saw 269 item. Which was the actual number of items.
    Regards Frits

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hermansi -- I'm glad to hear that restoring from a backup seems to have solved the problem for you. What I'm worried about is that the issue you're describing indicates that your database is corrupted. Does either your MacBook or your iPhone have a complete and up-to-date copy of your data?

• hermansi
    hermansi
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have a up-to-date copy on my macbook.
    Why?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Because once a database shows signs of corruption like that, it's likely to get worse, not better. I'd recommend you wipe the data on your iMac completely (which will return you to the state of a new user), then restore data from Dropbox (which should be a good copy). Here's the specific steps:

• On your MacBook, make a backup of your data by going to Preferences > Backup and clicking Backup Now.
    • On your iMac, lock 1Password but don't close it, then choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data
    • Restart your iMac, then re-open 1Password and at the startup screen, under I've used 1Password before, choose Dropbox and navigate to the OPVault or Agile Keychain in Dropbox that contains your data (you can check the specific filepath by looking at which file your MacBook is synced with).

That should get you back up and running with a reset database on your iMac. I don't know why your database became corrupt; it doesn't happen often, but fortunately you've got a good sync keychain, so this should be a relatively easy fix. Let us know if you hit any snags. :)

This discussion has been closed.