Password generator, iPhone, recipe, usability

seedy
seedy
Community Member
edited September 2017 in iOS

I seem to have great difficulty moving the slider in the password generator on iPhone. Some sites want less characters and others don't allow special characters (sheesh!). I find that after selecting Show Password Recipe, moving the letter/character count sliders from right to left, with the intention of decreasing their counts accordingly only serves to move the whole box to the left, resulting in the CHARACTER password recipe being hidden and the WORD recipe appearing.
Is there anything I am doing wrong and if not, can this be improved?
Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @seedy,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I was unable to reproduce this issue. Are you tapping and holding on the white circular slider? Tapping on the line that it slides on will not work, you must actually drag the slider to the desired location.

Please let me know.

Ben

• seedy
    seedy
    Community Member

I am sure am tapping and trying to slide the white circular slider @Ben . I am wondering now though, if this is just a case of fat-fingers though. (I don't have particularly fat finger tips) :blush: I wonder if a pencil sharpener would help.

In all seriousness though, does nobody else have trouble with this?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seedy,

Is the Password Generator misbehaving like you've described after adding a new custom field with a Password type, tapping Generate New Password, and adjusting the sliders? And/or does it happen in other cases, like when creating/adjusting passwords for a new Login items or editing/adjusting existing ones?

Maybe you've got a specific example with steps for making it happen so we'll have a better idea of how to reproduce it? Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.