I have two email accounts. My 1Password login opens the wrong one. [conversation moved to email]

dgosselink
dgosselink
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Mac

I click on one account, sometimes it works, but sometimes opens the other e-mail account.

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.10
OS Version: macOS Sierra version 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have two email accounts. My 1Password login opens the wrong one.

Comments

• dgosselink
    dgosselink
    Community Member

I don't want to change the username or passwords for the two accounts.

• dgosselink
    dgosselink
    Community Member

I don't want to change the usernames or passwords for the 2 e-mail accounts.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dgosselink -- thanks for writing in, and sorry to hear you're having trouble. When you say "two accounts," what are you referring to? You have two login items for webmail accounts stored in 1Password? Or are they stored as email accounts? Can you elaborate a bit, please? Remember, however, this is a public forum, so don't post personally-identifying information here, for your own safety and security.

• dgosselink
    dgosselink
    Community Member

Yes, I have two login items with different usernames and passwords. They are not "stored" as email accounts--not sure what that means.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dgosselink - stored as email accounts refers to the category type Email Account in 1Password. But you say these are Login items; that's fine. Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing. If these two different email accounts are for the same email domain, then the best way to make sure the correct account's credentials get filled is to open the page in question first, then click 1Password in your browser's toolbar and select the correct item. This should reliably fill the correct item. Are the steps you've been taking previously? If not, can you describe in detail what you did do, that resulted in incorrect filling?

• dgosselink
    dgosselink
    Community Member

Lars--
    Thanks, but I'm still getting nowhere, I have two e-mail accounts: XXXXXXX1@hotmail.com and XXXXXXX2@hotmail.com. The messages come on Outlook when things work. I have a MacBook Pro.

I have both 1Password and 1Password mini installed, and have both e-mail accounts on both. Sometimes they work, but more often when I login I see a message saying I have the wrong password. On the 1Password account I've always had, I have two different icons on the two accounts: One looks like a lock (and never works), the other is a blue sort of square with smaller white squares within it--this one works sometimes, and sometimes logs into the wrong e-mail account, sometimes a message says I have the wrong password.

In other words, my whole 1Password system is all screwed up. Maybe I need to start all over? I dread the thought of having to re-enter all the logins, credit cards, driver's license, etc.

Don

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dgosselink -- it sounds as if you may have remnants of an older 1Password setup remaining on your Mac, alongside newer version(s). To get a better idea of what might be going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

CQD-44888-316

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Note: for anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @dgosselink only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: CQD-44888-316

• dgosselink
    dgosselink
    Community Member

I have 2 e-mail accounts, both on hotmail. I can't seem to get 1Password to recognize the user ID or password for each. It worked perfectly in the past. The accounts are XXXXX1@hotmail.com and XXXXX2@hotmail.com. Obviously, the passwords are different, but 1Password doesn't seem to know them. Other logins work fine--it's just the e-mail

1Password Version: 6.6.4
    Extension Version: 664002
    OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.6
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I'm still having a problem with getting iPassword to open my e-mail accounts. It opens the wrong one

• dgosselink
    dgosselink
    Community Member

I have asked this question before. The question posed does not show my real e-mail address, just the form of it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dgosselink -- I've answered you via email; there's a few issues going on here, so if you don't mind, let's continue this conversation via email. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.