To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New User - Where to Start?

Options
Jiffster
Jiffster
Community Member

Hi Folks,
I signed up for trial last evening, installed extension to Safari browser and installed app on iPhone. I’m really not sure where to start using this though.

I did log into a sight using Safari in an attempt to have 1Password ask to save the site name and password. It attempted to launch but stopped and stated to try again later.

I saw the resources/videos to help people get started but, to me, it’s very confusing and not as organized as I would prefer.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Jiffster - Congrats on the new 1Password Membership and I'll be happy to help out. :smile: The 1Password extension requires the 1Password app in order to work on the desktop. The first step, make sure you print out your Emergency Kit. This lists all your sign in details for the account including a space to write in your Master Password. We can't reset this information so it's important to keep this in a safe & secure location.

Next, I would suggest downloading one of the desktops apps to work with the 1Password extension. You can follow the steps in the set up guide to get started with the apps. I'm glad you were able to get up and running on your iPhone. You can also set up the extension on your phone to work with the app. I'll also include a link below which provides you with a great overview on using some of the features via the 1Password app on your iPhone.

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-ios/

The guides and links don't replace us. Please feel free to reach out to us if you run into any questions along the way. We're always here to help if you need us. Enjoy the rest of your day! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.