Won't accept correct password on android phone local storage

trenaud1
trenaud1
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Android

Had to restore my phone. 1Password wouldn't sync so i reinstalled it from the app store now it won't recognize the pin or master password. I only have my backup on local storage.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:won't accept correct password on android phone local storage

Comments

• Hi @trenaud1. Let's see what's going on here. :)

To clarify, you're syncing a vault in local storage, but your Master Password isn't being accepted? Does your Master Password contain any special characters, by chance?

Also, prior to restoring your phone, had you changed your Master Password from 1Password on Android? Do you have any other devices you can try to sync with?

• trenaud1
    trenaud1
    Community Member

Thanks for responding, no special characters just numbers for both password and pin. I tried to install on an older phone with backup file saved on the internal memory with the same result.

• trenaud1
    trenaud1
    Community Member

I think what happened is that on my phone is deleted the contents of the folder (com.agilebits.onepassword) that's on the internal memory in the Android Data folder

• trenaud1
    trenaud1
    Community Member

To make a long story short I messed up my phone and in the process for restoring it I deleted the contents of the folder (com.agilebits.onepassword) that's on the internal memory in the Android Data folder.

I still have my (1Password.agilekeychain) on my internal memory on my phone which has a size 19.7 KB.

I ran into a similar problem before and the person that helped me then had me install 1Password4 (trial version) on my Windows computer. Then he had me copy a couple files from the installed 1Password4 program files to my (com.agilebits.onepassword) on my phone. It had me up and running.

Sorry, I tried to find in past discussions but I didn't have any luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.6
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Android 7
    Sync Type: Local Storage
    Referrer: forum-search:won't accept correct password on android phone local storage

• Thanks for the update, @trenaud1. I've gone ahead and merged your two threads so we can get everything resolved here. :)

If you're trying to sync your vault in local storage and your Master Password isn't being accepted, it sounds like the encryptionKeys.js file may be missing. By chance are you seeing any error messages indicating whether that's the case? Do you still have 1Password on your PC so we can use it to recreate the file?

• trenaud1
    trenaud1
    Community Member

I do have 1Password4 on my PC but it's the trial version.

• trenaud1
    trenaud1
    Community Member

No, I'm not getting that error message. The only one that shows up is on the sync page after I try to input my password. "Please report this error so we can assist you". It's followed with a link to send in the error report. Which I have, several times.

• Thanks @trenaud1. Can you try connecting the Android device to the PC with a USB cable and copy the entire 1Password.agilekeychain folder onto the PC's drive? Then launch the trial version of 1Password 4 for Windows that you have and select "I've used 1Password before," and then select your 1Password.agilekeychain folder you just copied. Are you able to access the vault that way?

If so, select File > Repair 1Password Vault from 1Password on Windows. Then copy the vault back to your Android's local storage and try syncing again. Does that help?

• trenaud1
    trenaud1
    Community Member

I was able to load up the transferred file to 1Password4 and then use the repair function. After I did that I could read the file but about 95% was lost. I then transferred it back to my phone and it still wouldn't read it. So I erased it and loaded on the file that was created when I loaded 1Password 4 onto my PC. It being a new file actually worked but of coarse it has no data. I can at least now use the program now but I have to rebuild my files from scratch.

Thank you for your patience and all your help. I really appreciated it.

• Thanks for the update, @trenaud1. I see that you had a conversation on Twitter as well, and it looks like things are resolved for now. Please let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.