Have 1Password on my iphone 7 (iOS 10.3.3). Am trying to add it to my Mac and MacBook.

Options
VicB
VicB
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Mac

Have downloaded the 1Password file to my Mac but can't see how to synch the data I have on my phone with my Mac. The info seems for setting up a new account on the Mac, not transferring the existing files from my phone to the Mac. Mac and MacBook are OS10.12.6 and 1Passport on phone is 6.8.2.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Have 1Passport on my iphone 7 (iOS 10.3.3). Am trying to add it to my Mac and MacBook.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @VicB! Let me make sure I understand your current state of things exactly. You've never used 1Password on your Mac (yet), but you DO have 1Password data on your iPhone? Is that correct?

ref: DCR-29212-556

• VicB
    VicB
    Community Member
    Options

Correct. Have been using stand alone on my iPhone. Now trying to get it synched with Mac (and later MacBook). Have got an account and password. And have synched my phone to iCloud (I think...)

• davidmacg
    davidmacg
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here !

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VicB OK. If you want to use your 1Password account, you'll want to sign into the account on your iPhone, then migrate your items from your current Primary vault to your 1password.com vault. Once you've done that, you'll be able to sign into your account in 1Password for Mac, and your data should appear instantly. On your iPhone, you'll need to reset 1Password and start over so you can have only your 1password.com vaults present.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davidmacg -- if your issue is exactly the same as @VicB's, you can follow the same steps. However, some of what you're doing here is permanent, such as resetting 1Password for iOS. Let us know if you need further assistance.

• davidmacg
    davidmacg
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe its a different issue than VicB's. I have 1password working for a long while on my Phone, Ipad and Laptop (all same account, same password). I want to have 1Password on my Desktop Computer. It's seems like i should just be able to log on and sync .... I downloaded the software to desktop and now it seems to want me to start a whole new account. What's the 'easy' way to make this happen? thanks in advance :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davidmacg -- thanks for the clarification/update! Can I ask: how have you been syncing your data, up to now? Are you using a 1Password.com membership? Or are you using a 3rd-party sync solution you set up yourself, such as Dropbox, iCloud or WLAN?

• VicB
    VicB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars, one further thing re passwords. When I set up my Mac account I created a new password as I wasn't sure if this would interfere with the iPhone one. Your last sentence re 'reset 1Password and start over' - do I reset this password to the same as the Mac? Or is it ok to have a different password on the Mac and the phone? Thanks.

• davidmacg
    davidmacg
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

1Password membership - no 3rd party. I'll auto sync or I'll hit the sync button myself sometimes for fun!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davidmacg - if you're using a 1Password Membership, then you should be able to launch 1Password for Mac (you are using a Mac, right?) and under the Used 1Password Before? menu on the startup screen, choose 1Password.com. That should get y

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VicB -- when you reset 1Password on your iPhone, you'll be starting again as if a brand-new user. You should choose to sign into your 1password.com account, which would use the Master Password you created for that. It will also require the setup code from your Emergency Kit, which you can access in 1Password for Mac -- you can even scan it into 1Password for iOS directly from your monitor showing 1Password for Mac. :)

• VicB
    VicB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, seem to be going in circles, as info on website is not what I see on my phone. When I click on your email 'sign into the account...' (https://support.1password.com/1password-setup/?ios#get-the-apps), and go Settings -> 1Password Accounts, there are 2 options - add existing account, or Your Accounts (my name). The first one says "1Password account already added". The 2nd has 'View Account Details' and shows the bar code 'Use this account code to add....to another device'.
    Can't find my way to the move/copy feature.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@VicB -- OK, if you've already added the account, then just tap the vault menu (top left of your screen), and choose your existing, local vault. Then follow the steps outlined to select and move (not copy) the items into your 1password.com vault.

• VicB
    VicB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, I'm not quite there yet! As above on my phone I can tap the vault menu when I am in 'Categories' and get the 2 options - Primary (my original vault) and Personal (few new things). In Primary I tap 'Secure Notes' (my original files), then 'Select items' then 'Move' button. This selects all the contents. But now how do I send this to a new vault? When I go out of this setting to select a destination it just seems to allow a new selection. What am I missing?
    You say above 'Then follow the steps outlined...' But after looking at multiple pages of help files, I can't find one that matches.... Thx

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VicB - I think we may have had a miscommunication here. To get a better idea of what the current state of things in 1Password on your Mac is, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#HCN-21385-164]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Note: for anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @VicB only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: HCN-21385-164

This discussion has been closed.