how to remove 1Password from my PC (Windows 10) going in for repair and reinstall later

Options

I am running 1Password on my Windows PC. I intend to take PC Geek Squad for maintenance. I do not want 1Password on the machine when it leaves my possession. So, how do I remove it and re-install it on same machine when it come back to me?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to remove 1Password from my PC (Windows 10) in for repair and reinstall it later

Comments

• Hey @bobkusa! The best way to do this so that you can get back up and running as easily as possible will depend on which version of 1Password for Windows you're using, so if you could let us know if you're using 1Password 4 or 1Password 6 for Windows, that will help us point you in the right direction. Thanks! :chuffed:

• @bobkusa: I just saw in the thread below this one that you're using 1Password 4, so you'll want to uninstall as described here. I want to caution you, though, about removing your data. With 1Password 4, your data is stored locally only by default, so if you're not syncing your data elsewhere and you want to remove it from this PC, make sure you save a backup of your data to a USB drive or other external source. If your data is synced via Dropbox, rather than removing that data, I'd instead disconnect this PC from Dropbox. If you delete your vault on Dropbox, that may impact data on other devices as well. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.