unable to update 1Password on Windows 10; using 6.1.296 currently; update to 6.7.457 fails

Options

Repeated efforts to update 1Password for Windows have failed. After signing in to 1Password ver 6.1.296, I click on gear graphic, then options, then Update, then Look for update, then update to 6.7.457 button appears. When I click on that a brief downloading progress bar appears then disappears and no further prompts or install file in downloads appears. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 6.1.296
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.15063 Build 15063
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows update fails

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi @marshall_gratz,

Thanks for writing in.

To fix this, you'll have to download 1Password 6.7 manually from here: https://1Password.com/downloads/

Unfortunately, the app updater that is in your outdated build does not support the new installer in 1Password 6.4. We've released the minor 6.3 update with a compatibility fix to support updating to 1Password 6.4 and a warning that this update needed to be installed to support new updates. We waited a few months for everyone to get that update before we released 1Password 6.4.

We do have plans to find a way where outdated builds could get a required update first before getting the latest update.

• marshall_gratz
    marshall_gratz
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, MikeT -

I was able to download manually as you suggested. Once I uninstalled my outdated version, I was able to install version 6.7.457 successfully.

Thanks for your prompt and helpful assistance.

• I'm glad to hear Mike's suggestions helped out, @marshall_gratz! I hope you enjoy all the cool new stuff we've added to 1Password 6 for Windows since 6.1, too! It's come a loooong way since the version you were using so I'm excited you're now able to experience the latest and greatest. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.